Thursday, December 13, 2007

Buppie Defined

Urban dictionary defines Buppie as

Buppie -A highly sophisticated and upper class black person. Usually a Black city or suburban resident with a well-paid professional job and an affluent lifestyle.

b(lack) + (y)uppie.

The following defines a list of why I consider myself a Buppie:

(Disclaimer: This may not be why you are a Buppie, but it’s why I am.)

  • I have a great job, hence the professional part.
  • I like to explore the arts and all things worldly. No! I am not stuck or set on the “hood” lifestyle. Move me up and out, and around.
  • Me live in the suburbs?? Do I look barefoot and preggers??! Hayle naw.A true Buppie lives in the midst of where is goes down. ..The city. Even if you don’t live there…you are close and spend most of your time there.
  • I have a great FICO score. Buppie's have a good cash flow. We understand it’s important to maintain good credit to buy land, cars, and clothes.
  • My friends are buppies and if you are not… Chances are we are not that close. Some people may find buppies pompous, high siddity. Those are the people who cannot understand a buppie has a high level of taste and class.
  • I read. A good buppies reads books, articles, and watches some TV shows of educational value (cnbc, hbo…)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it real! What do you think?