Written By: Angela Natalja Maxwell
1. McCain voted against "Equal Pay for Equal Work" for women in the workforce. When asked about his stance, he said that women simply "need more training" instead of more money. Currently, women make-on average- .60 on the dollar compared to men in the same positions.
2. McCain voted against Joe Biden's "Violence Against Women" act that funded shelters, support groups and rehabilitation for victims of domestic violence and abuse. He said that the funds requested for this act could better be used on bigger issues in America. I guess the money was better suited for an unjustified war.
3. McCain voted against the MLK holiday and deemed it "unnecessary as a government holiday". ENOUGH SAID.
4. McCain is against Roe vs. Wade. He said that he plans to appoint enough Supreme Court Justices to make abortion illegal. Mind you, the Republicans don't care much for medicaid but want to force women with unwanted pregnancies to be mothers who will likely have no insurance and, if he has anything to say about it, no medicaid. In the same breath he failed to explain why he did not support birth control being covered by insurance while he was all for Viagra being covered. YES FOLKS! Birth control isn't covered BUT Viagra IS because of buffoons like McCain.
5. McCain is bringing back the DRAFT! That's right folks! When he kills off all the current troops and no one wants to voluntarily sign up for the Republican's biggest money maker- WAR- then he his going go after our beautiful little boys- mine is 3 years old and the Republicans CAN'T HAVE HIM! If you are not filthy rich, your son is going 1st and then we will REALLY have something to cry and shake about!
6. McCain, who never fails to remind us that he is prisoner of war, DID NOT support the Montgomery GI BILL- TWICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For those of you who are not familiar with this bill, it provides funding to support US veterans when they return with housing, education, etc. I guess because he has always been wealthy and didn't need it so he didn't feel like anyone else did either. Ugh! McCain also failed to support investigations and revision of health care for disabled veterans and the health care systems that support them like VA hospitals.
7. McCain has voted against raising minimum wage 19 times. I guess if you have NEVER made minimum wage in your entire silver spooned life, you have no sympathy for people who are trying support their families with minimum wage as prices for food, clothing, gas and other necessities continue to rise because of things McCain DOES support like big oil, war, and higher taxes for the "un rich" because the rich "worked hard to achieve the American dream and shouldn't be taxed for their effort" (May 2008).
8. John McCain supports $200 billion in new tax breaks for corporate America, $1 billion alone for just eight of the largest companies, but no relief for 100 million American families who are on the verge of losing their homes and can not afford the daily necessities of life- let alone health care or saving for education and retirement. Oil companies post the biggest profits in history,a half trillion dollars in the last five years, and McCain wants to give them another $4 billion in tax breaks (from which he stands to benefit I'm sure).
9. McCain has repeatedly voted against incentives for renewable energy: solar, wind, biofuels. Solar energy developments could have richly benefited his state of Arizona- but why care about your state and constituents, right?
10. I'll make the last one light and personal since John McCain's new ads directly refers to Obama's beautiful daughters as "brats". John McCain cheated on and left is disabled wife to marry his plastic surgery poster child mistress Cindy Lou (who still hasn't released her tax returns so we can see how much he personally gained from this war along with Dubbya and his Dick) which is oddly enough how Cindy Lou's mom stole her father from his first wife. Talk about family values. We won't be seeing genuine warm and fuzzy family moments next week at the RNC. If Cindy could feel her face, she would probably laugh it all off as circumstance. His children from his first marriage don not communicate with him AT ALL and he has rarely been seen with his adopted daughter from Bangladesh because we all know how Repubs feel about foreign kids- they don't. Basically, McCain support the war that we are going to "win" though I have no idea what winning means (getting control of their oil? killing them all?), made fun on more than one occasion of new wars he is interested in by saying things like "bomb,bomb,bomb,bomb,
Knowledge is power.