Monday, September 15, 2008

80/20 Rule


Damn Damn Damn.
Don't we all hate that 80/20 rule?

The Rule: In our relationships, our partner is most likely only able to offer 80% of what we need. There are times when we will find someone who fills in the wholes, offering the other 20%…and because it’s been missing for so long, you think you’ve finally found what you truly need. But be careful taking risks of cheating, or leaving your 80%…because what you will be left with, is that 20%. Obviously this is no where near as fulfilling as being with someone who offers 80%.


Tell me your 80/20 Story!

3 comments:

Amir F. said...

People really think like this? I would like to believe that if you're in a relationship you would give 100% and not a specific portion...better to live than to not lived at all; right? Right. It's more knowing what you're not great at and observing and pinpointing what you're partner is great at and exchanging.

The District's Buppie said...

I don't think that is what the quote meant.

I believe folks give 100% effort, however, may only provide 80% of the wanted qualities.

Such as her personality is great, but she can't cook.

There are trade off's in relationships. It is just being careful not to let that 20% that you are missing get in the way.

Amir F. said...

Ahhhhhhh! Thanks for the clarification. I can see clearly now and fully understand the concept. Very important indeed. If you become consumed in the 20% you could be missing out on a good thing. I appreciate it.

Post a Comment

Keep it real! What do you think?