Passed on from the Close Confidant.....
I found the below comments taken from the SNL skit with Tina Fey/Amy Poehler interesting:
I'm a little confused. Let me see if I have this straight.....
* If you grow up in Hawaii, raised by your grandparents, you're "exotic,different."
* Grow up in Alaska eating mooseburgers, a quintessential American story.
* If your name is Barack you're a radical, unpatriotic Muslim.
* Name your kids Willow, Trig and Track, you're a maverick.
* Graduate from Harvard law School and you are unstable.
* Attend 5 different small colleges before graduating, you're well-rounded.
* If you spend 3 years as a brilliant community organizer, become the firstblack President of the Harvard Law Review, create a voter registration drivethat registers 150,000 new voters, spend 12 years as Constitutional Lawprofessor, spend 8 years as a State Senator representing a district withover 750,000 people, become chairman of the state Senate's Health and HumanServices committee, spend 4 years in the United States Senate representing astate of 13 million people while sponsoring 131 bills and serving on ForeignAffairs, Environment and Public Works and Veteran's Affairs committees, youdon't have any real leadership experience.
* If your total resume is: local weather girl, 4 years on the city counciland 6 years as the mayor of a town with less than 7,000 people, 20 months asthe governor of a state with only 650,000 people, then you're qualified tobecome the country's second highestranking executive.
* If you have been married to the same woman for 19 years while raising 2beautiful daughters, all within Protestant churches, you're not a realChristian.
* If you cheated on your first wife with a rich heiress, and left yourdisfigured wife and married the heiress the next month, you're a Christian.
* If you teach responsible, age appropriate sex education, including theproper use of birth control, you are eroding the fiber of society.
* If, while governor, you staunchly advocate abstinence only, with no otheroption in sex education in your state's school system while your unwed teendaughter ends up pregnant, you're very responsible.
* If your wife is a Harvard graduate laywer who gave up a position in aprestigious law firm to work for the betterment of her inner city community,then gave that up to raise a family, your family's values don't representAmerica's.
* If you're husband is nicknamed "First Dude", with at least one DWIconviction and no college education, who didn't register to vote until age25 and once was a member of a group that advocated the secession of Alaskafrom the USA, your family is extremelyadmirable.
OK, much clearer now.